Sunday, November 28, 2010

Improbabilities: On and Around Queen's Day

This photograph was such a perfect example of what I want to post that I decided to use it for this blog's banner:


Taken from an album of the same title - Improbabilities: On and Around Queen's Day - it's the classical close-up of an eye with a reflection of the immediate world. Zoom in and you can see drops of moisture on the eyelid, patterning of the skin cells of the eyelid...even the brick wall and the photographer in front of it.* It makes me remember the delight of that first time of locking eyes with your lover and seeing yourself reflected in the bottomless inky black depths of their pupils.

*I enjoy the possibility that this flagship image was not taken by me (though I'm pretty sure it was). It was, however, definitely inspired by Jean-Brice after he shot two similar images of the same eye.

No comments:

Post a Comment